Saturday, July 31, 2010


So it's been awhile since my last post, (I feel like I'm always saying that...) but I've been pretty busy. There's my full-time internship, Leah's wedding, Disneyland, and now my new job search!

Yes, I will begin with the bad news. My internship is ending (Aug. 14th) and will not become a full-time job. I guess consulting is just not for me.

I don't believe I've talked about the internship much, so let me fill you in; it was at a consulting firm in Mill Creek, a small business with lots of really cool people. I mostly do research, administrative stuff, packing and unpacking and ordering lunches. I did get to go to Denver on business a few weeks ago, which was pretty neat (I handled breakfast and lunch--obviously the most important job). I liked everyone I worked with but the actual work wasn't super interesting to me and at this point in my life, I think I want to love what I do. I think I can achieve that. So the job search begins again, and there are a few day-time TV shows I am looking forward to watching again. =) Though I'm not sure how much free time I'll actually have, I'm going to try to get a part-time gig at J Crew and the Mill Creek office is going to keep me on an 'as needed' basis. I have the feeling they'll need me plenty at least till the end of August, because there's lots of jobs coming up.

On to less daunting news, for me anyway; Leah's married! She is now Leah Hainey. The wedding was great fun, everyone looked amazing and Leah and Brian seemed so happy. During the reception I sat at a table with Caitlin, the other bridesmaid, Aquila and her boyfriend Aaron, who is hilarious, and Sarah Gogarty and her new funeral director boyfriend, who is also hilarious. It was a good time. Despite his chosen career, Gogarty's boyfriend was very lively--HA!! But really, he was great. The only unfortunate event of the whole day came during the reception as I got out of my chair to go to the bouquet toss. There is some back story to this, so stay with me. There were some crazy issues with the dresses we bridesmaids wore. Crazy issues. First of all, not everyone agreed about the aesthetics of the dress, (i.e. me and Caitlin thought it was...uncute). We picked them up on a super hot day in a car with no air-conditioning and had to drive out past the airport (45 minutes) to get to them. We also had to get them altered. My Grandma was kind enough to hem mine, which I really appreciated as it cut down the cost a bit. But really, the dress process was kind of agonizing. And then half way through the reception, my dress gets caught on my chair dress ripped! All that work, for naught. Very demoralizing. Luckily the rip was in the back, so the pictures still turned out OK.

And then I went to Disney Land! The trip was a graduation present for me and my sister. We spent 5 days in California riding roller coasters and eating too much candy. Oh, we also met Mary Poppins. I think we probably walked about 10 miles a day, but even that couldn't stop us from having an awesome time. We rode California Screamin' (the big roller coaster in California Adventure and Mom's favorite ride) 7 times. Mom and Sarah only let us do Pirates of the Caribbean (my favorite ride) twice. Sarah claimed that the Tower of Terror is her favorite (we did that one twice as well) but I don't know if I believe her. In the photo they take when the ride drops you down a few floors (it is a falling elevator ride, for those who don't know) she never looks like she's enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment