Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Travel Adventure Cinema Show! Part 1

Its been (about) a month and a half since I got back to the States and I've been thinking about my trip. It was the coolest thing I've ever done and I still can't really believe I had the balls to travel around Spain for 2 weeks on my own. Not to mention going to Italy in the first place, not knowing anyone else in the program or, say, the language of my host country.

So to balance the coolness of my adventure I have decided to make a lame picture slide show. This part is Rome, where my journey began.

So imagine that you're in a high school auditorium in the mid-west somewhere and I have just dimmed the lights and am beginning my monotone lecture:

Rome

The 2 months I was in Rome were the coldest summer weather Rome has had in a decade but I ate cold gelato almost everyday anyway. I do not regret it in any way, even though I gained what feels like 20 pounds.


My favorite monument was probably Castel St. Angelo. You may remember it from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, which I read in Italy actually. I thought it was entirely ridiculous, especially the bit with the helicopter.


I did not like the Spanish Steps. A man was very rude to me on the Spanish steps when I declined his invitation to a pub crawl. And anyway there was never anything to do there except sit on the steps and watch people. Which is fine until people try to force you to go on pub crawls.


I loved all the old stuff in Rome. Like this place, Just random ruins of a healing temple on the side of the road.

Ok, that was Rome. Full of old stuff and gelato. I would definitely go back and eat more gelato. Time to turn the lights back on and get to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment